Are Binaural Beats Safe?

For most people, binaural beats are absolutely safe to use. They are in fact one of the safest self-development tools available.

Brainwaves are naturally occurring in the brain and binaural beats are simply a tool to work with the brainwaves.  There is nothing abusive or addictive about using them.

The truth is that instead of binaural beats being addictive you actually need them less and less as time goes on because your brain learns to reach altered states of consciousness and work on a much deeper level eventually on its own.

Not only are binaural beats safe but they can also help to make huge improvements to your overall energy, health, focus, and creativity as well as to other mind, body and spirit functions.

Who Should Not Use Binaural Beats?

For most of us there are absolutely no problems with using binaural beats but there are a very small percentage of people who should avoid them for various reasons. These include:

1. Those who suffer from seizures. – People who suffer from seizures experience abnormal electrical impulses from the brain. Binaural beats can trigger epileptic seizures or other types of seizures because of their effects on brainwaves. The repeated pulsing of sound is not good for thos who suffer from seizures.
  2. Those engaged in certain activities – Binaural beat recordings should never be listened to while driving, operating machinery, cooking, or any other activity that needs your full attention. Binaural beats will put you into a very relaxed state and can even put you to sleep. For obvious reasons, you want to make sure you are not engaged in any type of activity where falling asleep could cause injury or death.
  3. Children – Though many children have used binaural beats safely, it is cautioned that children are at higher risk of seizures and therefore should not listen to a binaural beat audio unless they are supervised by a doctor. Usually TV and video games are more likely to cause a seizure, but binaural beats could also trigger an episode. Play it safe and don’t allow children to use binaural beat recordings.
  4. Those with certain ailments – If you suffer from heart problems or wear a pacemaker it would be wise to consult with a doctor if you want to use binaural beats. Changes in brainwaves can also cause changes in heart rhythms. If you have problems in this area this could cause a negative effect for you. Also any person who is taking stimulants, tranquilizers, illegal drugs and psychoactive drugs should not use binaural beats.
  5. Those who are pregnant – It is not recommended that pregnant women listen to binaural beats. Working with your brainwaves and experiencing altered states of consciousness may not be the best thing while pregnant.  It is recommended to wait until after the baby is born to listen to your binaural beats.

Positive Benefits…

For everyone else binaural beats are completely safe and there are all sorts of positive benefits that come from using them including:

• Better sleep
  • Deep relaxation and less stress
  • Pain relief
  • Improved cognition and mental processing
  • And the ability to reach many altered states of consciousness

There is truly no simpler tool for self-development and improved mind power.  The changes that can occur in your life from using binaural beats are not only extremely positive and beneficial but also long-lasting.

See our recommended binaural beats to find unique high quality brainwave audios that can benefit your mental, emotional, spiritual and physical well being.

Related posts

Comments

7 Responses to “Are Binaural Beats Safe?”
  1. Alexa says:

Hello, i read that binaural beats are not recommended for pregnant women, my question is why ? what would it cause ? thanks !

• admin says:

Hi Alexa, I believe it is a precaution that is stated everywhere because binaural beats can create seizures if a person is already susceptible to having seizures… this is much more common with children. I would think that because the baby in a mothers womb is just developing, not using binaural beats is simply a precaution so as not to disrupt the babies development and heart rhythms. Also the mother may be more prone to different health concerns during a pregnancy. With that being said of course there is evidence that suggests that meditation, deep breathing and soothing music can be very helpful during a pregnancy and it makes sense to me that binaural beats would be helpful as well. However I still would not in good consious recommend them for a pregnant woman … especially not knowning the health condition of the woman or the growing baby. I believe the precaution is quite vague and general but still needs to be listened to. Sorry I couldn’t help you more, I know it is hard to find actual evidence or studies on this subject.
      Cheers, Allison

• alexa says:

Thank you very much for your help !
        I have been listening to binaural beats since a few months ago and i feel so great ! but since i am pregnant i think… i’ll take your advice and i’ll wait until my baby will be born to re-start brainwave entrainment. Thanks :)

2. dip says:

HI i want to ask that what binural should listen & how long & what scheduel should i follow ?
    note that i have ocd problem since long time & i m taking medicins for that .

• admin says:

Most binaural beats are roughly 20 – 30 minutes in length. You can listen to the recording daily or every second day. I wouldn’t recommend listening to it more than once a day. There are lots of recordings to choose from. See our review of The Unexplainable Store for a list of options. You might be interested in some of the binaural beats under the ‘Therapy’ section. Good luck!

3. lulu says:

Hello, so up to what age children aren’t allowed to listen to this kind of music?
    Me and my daughter are actually interested to this, but I have to make sure if its safe for my daughter to listen to it.

• admin says:

Well it’s hard to say, it is hard to find specifics written about children using binaural beats. I would guess that when they say children they mean under the age of 18, but I can’t find any documentation that gives an exact age. I’m sorry I wish I could help you more. I’ll keep researching and see if I can find more detailed information.