Binaural Beat Technology
Binaural beat technology is well known as a very effective method of brainwave entrainment. It works by helping brain waves to achieve a lower frequency state. Once this low frequency is attained then the subject experiences heightened awareness as well as a unique state of consciousness.
This altered state of consciousness is called hypnagogia or “mind awake – body sleep”. Slightly higher brain frequency states can lead to hyper-suggestive states of consciousness as well as increased mental activity, stronger focus and alertness.
Binaural beats are best known for helping to deal with anxiety as well as to experience altered states of consciousness such as lucid dreaming, astral projection and past life regression.
Reaching different altered states of consciousness as well as increasing the quality of ones mental activity is all possible by altering the electrochemical environment of the brain. This is exactly what binaural beats do.
How does Binaural Beat Technology Work?
- First through the use of a good recording and a pair of stereo headphones, two different binaural beat frequencies are presented to each individual ear.
- The brain will then create a third frequency that will be the difference between the two that were initially presented. In this manner it is possible to manipulate the brain to create a very low frequency state that may have been extremely difficult to experience otherwise.
- Each hemisphere has its own sound-processing center that receives signals from each individual ear. When a binaural beat is perceived in each ear there are two separate standing waves entraining portions of each hemisphere to the low frequency.
- The binaural beat appears to contribute to the hemisphere synchronization that is seen in meditative states of consciousness.
- There has been evidence to suggest that the binaural beats are generated in the brainstem’s superior olivary nucleus (sound-processing center).
- This in turn creates an EEG frequency-following response in the brain which originates from the inferior colliculus. The frequency-following response will create the low frequency brain waves that the subject desires.
- Also through the use of the binaural beat technology, the brain function is enhanced through the increase of cross-colossal communication between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. The brain can literally be re-trained to function at a much deeper and clearer level.
Please see our binaural beats page to find high quality and affordable sources for binaural beat technology brainwave audios.
What else is Included in the Process?
Typically for the binaural beat technology to be the most effective it is combined with breathing exercises, affirmations, visualization and other relaxation techniques. Although with some people it may not be necessary to combine these techniques, it is usually very helpful in achieving the altered mind states, relaxation and increased mental function that one desires.
Binaural beats are only one part of the equation. By combining some of the techniques listed above with the binaural beats you will find that they become far more effective in a much quicker time frame.
How Effective are They?
Thousand of people have reported them to be very effective. There are continual on-going studies to examine the effects of brainwave entrainment on different states of mind.
What has been shown so far is that:
- Binaural beats when combined with at least one of the relaxation techniques listed above appear to regulate neuronal activity as well as encourage access to favorable mental states.
- There have been thousands and thousands of consistent reports that binaural beats do cause a mind state change as well as documentation of physiological changes that are associated with their use.
How to Use the Binaural Beats
Binaural beats will either come in MP3 format or else on a CD. They can be listened to directly from your computer or through the use of a simple stereo. It is important to use a pair of headphones when you listen to your binaural beats in order to experience the maximum results.
For the best results remember:
- Listen with headphones
- Practice various meditation techniques or use positive affirmations and visualization while listening to your binaural beats
- Focus on one thing at a time. For example if your focus is remote viewing then focus only on that. If your focus is sleep then focus only on that. Move on to a new focus once you have achieved the results you were looking for… or focus on a different altered state during a different session.
Popular uses for Binaural Beat Technology
Binaural beats can be used to experience numerous mind states. Some of the most popular are:
- Complete relaxation and anxiety relief
- Pain relief
- Out-of-body experience
- Lucid dreaming
- Sharper focus
- Enhanced creativity and intuition
- Improved sleep quality
- Deep meditation
Please see our binaural beats page to find more information as well as where to go for good quality and effective binaural beat technology products.