Binaural Beats versus Isochronic Tones
Binaural beats and isochronic tones are two different kinds of brainwave entrainment. They are probably the two most popular forms of entrainment and are both effective.
Although both have been used all over the world by many different people there are some major differences that are important to know before you decide which type to try.
Below we will discuss the differences between binaural beats and isochronic tones as well as which one is best to use and why.
- Are specially generated sounds that can alter brainwaves.
- Work by presenting two different frequencies in each individual ear. The brain then creates a third frequency which will be the difference between the two presented. The third frequency will create the desired results.
- Have to be listened to with headphone in order to be effective.
- Require both ears and therefore cannot entrain the Hemispheres individually as isochronic tones can.
- Can only be processed by the brain at 3db which is 1/10th the volume of a whisper.
- Tend to cost less than isochronic tones.
- Use equal intensity tones that pulse on and off at different speeds.
- Cause the brain to synchronize to the speeds of the tones and depending on the pattern can help to achieve many different altered states of mind.
- Work much quicker and more effectively than binaural beats.
- Are the most powerful type of brainwave entrainment.
- Do not need to be listened to with headphones in order to be effective, though you can use them if you want to.
- Offer separate stimulation in each ear which makes it much easier to experience deep meditation and is very effective with depression and ADD reduction.
- Can be perceived at a much greater intensity and depth than binaural beats and have far greater potential for beneficial results.
- Tend to cost a little more than binaural beats.
As you can likely tell isochronic tones are much more powerful and effective than binaural beats. Binaural beats will work very well but the isochronic tones are capable of working faster and of reaching far deeper levels.
Where to Find Quality Products…
We almost exclusively use the Unexplainable Store for our brainwave audio’s. They have a large selection of audio’s that can be purchased in either MP3 format or on CD. They offer the choice of either binaural beats, monaural beats or isochronic tones.
Remember… The main difference is that with isochronic tones you will be able to reach a much deeper level of consciousness in a quicker time period.
Please visit our binaural beats page for more in depth information on the brainwave audio’s from the Unexplainable Store.