The Truth Behind the Law of Attraction
I assume that just about everybody has heard about the “law of attraction” by now. Like attracts like, you get what you focus on, your thoughts create your actions… all of that stuff.
I don’t want to demean it, in truth I take it very seriously. However there has been so much written on the subject that I feel like it has been hammered to death in the self-development world.
The concept behind the law of attraction is very simple and straight forward. The basis is that whatever you put out there (to the world) is what you will attract back.
- If you are putting out fear or anger you will attract that back into your life. If you put out love and positive energy, then you will attract an abundance of love in your life.
I think that most of us would agree that the concept is good and for anyone who has ever read the book or watched the movie “The Secret” it is easy to see how and why this works.
Is the Law of Attraction as Good as it Seems?
It sounds easy enough to put into use. Imagine being able to create anything you want in life simply by thinking it and putting out the right energy. The possibilities are endless and eye opening.
However what many people don’t tell you is that putting the law of attraction into action can be one of the most difficult things you will likely do in your life.
It may seem like a very basic thing to only think certain thoughts, always keep it positive, and only focus on the good energy.
Has anyone ever tried doing this?
I have… I have lived this concept for just about half of my life. I have spent the last fifteen years attempting to put the law of attraction to good use. I can honestly say that I am aware of every single thought that goes through my head and focus daily on sending out only positive energy.
The truth behind the law of attraction is that it is very, very hard! I can tell you from first hand experience how powerful thoughts are. I can tell you how hard it is to keep them positive when things aren’t going quite as planned.
Truly understanding the law of attraction comes with many positives but it also comes with a few negatives.
- A feeling of empowerment that you can do and achieve anything.
- A realization of being “one” with the world, including all energy surrounding us.
- The ability to change any situation from a negative to a positive.
- The ability to attract what we truly want in life.
- A feeling of being in control of your life and your destiny.
- A feeling of guilt or shame when we do not attract what we truly want.
- A feeling of desperateness to have more control over our thoughts and feelings.
- A realization that there has been some major programming within the subconscious that is very difficult to undo.
- A possible shock to realize the amount of negative thoughts and energy that goes through us.
- A feeling that we “should” be able to do more.
How to Work with the Law of Attraction in a Positive Way
After many years of practice I do believe that I have fairly good control over my thoughts and my energy. I truly believe with 100% of my mind and heart that positive thoughts create a positive life.
There are times when circumstances spin out of control and I am left feeling helpless, angry, sad or fearful. During these times it is an agonizing struggle to keep my head in a positive zone.
If anyone else out there has had any similar experiences I believe the trick is to give yourself a little leeway. If you cannot stay out of the negative zone, let yourself go through it but force yourself to come out of it. I personally use affirmations often, and if I am in that negative zone I will repeat a positive affirmation a million times over, even if my heart is not into it. This is my way of forcing myself to focus on a more positive energy and eventually there is a switch.
Follow these steps to make the law of attraction work for you:
- Stay conscious of your thought process every single day.
- Each time you have a negative thought, first be aware of it, then switch it to a positive instantly… make this a habit!
- Try not to be too hard on yourself… this is a life process and consequently can take a lifetime of practice.
- If you must be in a negative state, allow yourself to experience it and then make the switch as soon as you can.
- Make affirmations a part of your daily routine… at least until the positive thoughts become habitual.
- Any type of energy work is extremely beneficial in helping to be aware of your own energy and how to work with it.
- Realize that this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.
My Last Suggestion…
The last thing I would like to suggest is the use of binaural beats and brainwave entrainment to help with the law of attraction. I started using binaural beats a few years ago and they have made a huge difference in my life.
If I am going through a hard time and my head is in a funk, I can plug into my brainwave entrainment software and within 30 minutes have a clear head and a more positive outlook. This works for me every time and I may need to use it several days in a row but it will always release my tension at least for that night.
See our recommended binaural beats to learn more about how they work and where to go to find quality and affordable brainwave audio’s.
The important thing to remember is YES the law of attraction works and is easy to put into practice. Just keep in mind that although it is easy to try, the process of really making it work for you can be difficult, trying and sometimes frustrating.
Be patient with yourself. The truth is that using the law of attraction can take a lot of practice but the benefits and rewards of knowing that you are able to work with and use your energy to positively change your life is one of the biggest successes you can have.