Theta Meditation Secrets & Benefits
Theta meditation has become extremely popular. Chances are that you may have heard of it but don’t know exactly what it is.
In this post we will explore exactly what Theta meditation is, why it is so powerful, and how you can easily achieve theta waves yourself from the comfort of your own home and experience the immense benefits.
What is Theta Meditation?
Theta meditation produces brainwaves of a very low frequency. Theta brain waves are in a frequency range of between 4 – 8 Hz.
This is very close to the Delta brain waves which are the lowest frequency that you can achieve and produces a state of deep sleep and complete lack of body awareness.
When you are in theta meditation your brain waves produce an extremely relaxed state and you will likely feel very drowsy and possibly begin to dream.
Very often Theta brain waves appear more often in children and artists as well as in extroverts and people who have spent many years practicing meditation.
When you are in Theta meditation the low frequency theta waves in your brain can help produce intuition, creativity, strong emotional connections as well as lower your stress and anxiety. As you can imagine there are so many fantastic health benefits that can be experienced if you are able to effectively achieve theta meditation and experience these very low brain frequencies.
10 Key Benefits of Theta Meditation
- Very high levels of creativity – Often artists, musicians, and very creative people will have high levels of Theta waves.
- Heightened intuition – Everyone has intuition but often it can get blocked by your Beta waves.
- Ability to tap into the subconscious – When you experience the total relaxation of Theta meditation you are able to put your conscious mind aside and tap right into your subconscious mind.
- Reprogramming of the subconscious mind – Once you have put our conscious mind aside you can make positive suggestions to our subconscious and re-program it for positive change in your life.
- More intense emotional connections – Theta brain waves will produce a very high level of emotional sensitivity and allow for deeper emotional connections.
- Overall sense of calmness – It has been shown that people with high levels of Theta brain waves are much more relaxed with very low levels of stress and anxiety. Theta waves can greatly help with producing a very balanced and calm state of being.
- Improved problem solving skills and learning ability – Theta meditation allows you to lower your Beta waves and therefore remove the mental blocks that are hindering you thus allowing your creative abilities to take over. At this point you are able to retain much larger amounts of information in a shorter period of time.
- Better focus and concentration – We often hear of athletes talking about being in the “zone”. This zone is the Theta brain wave zone. It allows you to become extremely focused and able to solely concentrate on what you are trying to achieve.
- Healing of the body – Theta waves can actually communicate to your brain to produce positive chemicals such as epinephrine as well as lower your amounts of cortisol. This in turn creates a much stronger immune system which helps the body to fight illness and disease. Theta waves can actually help bring your body back into balance and therefore allow it to heal. They can also help to balance your serotonin and melatonin levels which will help to aid depression as well as insomnia and jet leg.
- Far more energy – After your body has had the chance to heal and renew itself you will experience far more energy then you have had before. The Theta waves are extremely relaxing but also allow you to be far more energetic in your daily life.
3 Ways to Achieve Theta Meditation
There are three main ways that are known to help experience Theta brain waves. The first two take a LOT of practice and time. The third option (by far my favorite) is much easier and quicker.
- Yoga – Yoga can be very beneficial for many reasons and is well known for being very effective in helping to achieve Alpha waves and Theta waves. Although it is very possible to experience Theta brain waves with yoga it can also take an extreme amount of time, practice, patience and discipline.
- Meditation – Just like yoga, meditation can be very effective in producing Theta brain waves. Also like yoga it takes an extreme amount of practice and dedication in order to produce this state.
- Brainwave Entrainment – It is much easier to experience the benefits of Theta meditation by using brainwave entrainment products. This involves listening to either MP3 downloads or CD’s that use binaural beats, monaural beats or isochronic tones. What makes this option so appealing is that it provides the frequencies needed to get the brain to produce the specific brainwave frequency that you desire. It can easily and quickly bring you into the Theta state with very positive effects.
If you can practice Theta meditation by using binaural beats, monaural beats or isochronic tones you can literally achieve the much sought after Theta waves in a very short time period and enjoy the benefits that come with it.
Where to Get Brainwave Audios for Theta Meditation
We use the isochronic tones ”Theta Music and Bells’ and ’Brainwave Entrainment Theta’ offered in the Meditation category at The Unexplainable Store. We have found these to be extremely effective and beneficial to our mind state and overall sense of well being and use them often.
For other suggestions please explore our reviews for quality binaural beats that can be used for Theta meditation.